Do you want to allow access only to specific users to a directory on your account? DirectAdmin has a tool that allows you to password protect directories. You can for example password protect your WordPress wp-admin directory etc.
To password protect a directory in DirectAdmin:
- Log to your DirectAdmin panel
- Navigate to Password Protected Directories
- Click the Find a Directory to Password Protect link. The file manager window will open.
- Locate the folder you want to block access to and click the Protect link
- Enter a description for this protection (like my private directory), a username and a password.
- Check the Protection Enabled option and click the Save button. you will see a confirmation message: Directory Protection Settings have been saved.