A site redirection will redirect URLs to one folder to another folder/domain. For example, redirect http://domain.com/test1 to http://domain.com/test2
To create a new redirect in DirectAdmin:
- You should be logged in DirectAdmin
- Navigate to Site Redirection
- Here, select:
– Local URL Path – this is the path that will be redirected. It can be a file or directory.
– Redirect Type – you have three options here: 301 Permanent, 302 Temporary and 303 Replaced.
– Destination URL – the new/destination URL.
- Test the new redirect in your web browser to check if it works as intended.
This DirectAdmin tool will make changes to the .htaccess file from your public_html/ directory. If you want to manually configure the redirect, you can edit this file via DirectAdmin file manager(Files).